For the past ten years, our environment has been threatened by harmful chemicals—even these chemicals spread from industrial areas to residential areas. The saddest thing is that so many people are exposed to chemical sensitivities.
We use a casual air purifier to keep safe from the normal air dust. But do you know a traditional purifier can’t purify the chemical included air? That is why you the best air purifier for chemical sensitivity. Here is a list of 10 cleaners that will be good for chemical sensitivity. You can check out one of your favourites here.
What to look for when buying best air purifier for chemical sensitivity
It would help if you remembered that the purifier for chemical sensitivity is quite different from the ordinary air purifier. To avoid chemical pollution, you need to pay attention to some special things to buy the special quality purifiers available in the market.
Either good quality material should be considered; we say choose metal constriction if possible. And if that is not possible, you can take plastic construction, but you must choose premium plastic build.
Good to know that the low-quality plastic can because of gas-off which can create irritation on the human skin.
Although Purify is running the filtering process, this problem may be due to gas off as usual.
Moreover, it is crucial to check out the sobriety of construction materials and notice on the weight-bearing capacity. Also, note whether potassium permanganate has been used there. There have a best to test the material quality with the test kit.
Amount of carbon:
For chemical preventing air purifier and all other air purifiers, it is must need to use a high amount of activated carbon. It is important to know that high levels of activated carbon can effectively remove airborne chemicals.
ACH (Air exchange per hour):
Another important issue is the air exchange. Before you buy it, you need to understand how amount air the purifier can exchange. If we say more easily, you have to understand how much-polluted air an air purifier can absorb from the room and how much pure air it can replace. In this case, you can know that there are some of the following criteria.
The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers said that 4ACH is recommended for the hospital, where 5 ACH is good for the ICU. And 25 ACH is quite good for the general room and operating room.
Untreated Activated Carbon:
Do you know that there have two types of activated carbon? One type is treated carbon, and another type is untreated activated carbon. Here, an untreated carbon is the most common carbon type used since a few decades to prevent harmful chemicals.
On the other hand, one of the problems with this carbon is that it cannot remove some air chemicals. For example, this carbon can’t remove the formaldehyde.
We recommend considering a Premium quality HEPA filter. We think it is good to know that the low-quality HEPA filter might have use glue and fibreglass components. Generally, the sufferer from MCS can realize it.
Also know that best-quality HEPA filter is made from paper-based material, so it is eco-friendly and health-friendly. Additionally, it can reduce the use of glue.
Keep in mind that the HEPA filter can remove 99.97% of 0.3 microns particles.
Top 10 best air purifier for chemical sensitivity
Many dishonest sellers want to sell the ordinary air purifier as a chemical sensitivity purifier. Besides, some customer is getting confused to determine the special purifier for chemical sensitivity. That is why we have come to clear the confusion between these two different types of the purifier. As well as, you are getting here the top best purifier.
1. Blueair HealthProtect 7470i Smart Air Purifier for Home
Blueair health protects smart air purifier is the top of our list that comes with GermShield technology and available at a reasonable price. So, it will offer you 24/7 protection against bacteria and viruses to live a healthy and safe life. At the same time, the technology will not only kill almost entire germs but prevent growth on the filters. With low noise and energy, the air purifier won’t feel anything working nonstop to ensure fresh air.
The air purifier uses less energy to clean air. Thus, it saves money in the end. Most importantly, the manufacturer uses HEPAsilent ultra technology to design this air purifier to remove airborne particles. With a patented spiralAir design, the air purifier will bring clean air in all ways so it can reach each area of the room. This Blueair health protects smart air purifier features clean air ETA counts down, welcome home setting, and more within a reasonable price.
This Blueair health protect smart air purifier is 27.2 x 11.8 x 11.8 inches in dimension and 37.1 pounds in weight that use HEPA type filter
- Its premium LCD interface will provide detailed updates on air quality in real-time
- Patented SpiralAir design will supply clean air to every corner
- Design with GermShield technology that will prevent growth on the filters
- It can operate with very low energy than a light tube of only 47 watts and quieter than a 22-decibel whisper.
- Provide 24/7 protection through the home
- Removes almost all airborne particles like gases, dust and chemical
- Low energy power and quiet noise.
- Truly smart features
- Reasonable price
- A bit heavy
This Blueair health protects smart air purifier will be best for a medium living room or large bedroom as it can cover up to 418 square feet area.
2. Alen BreatheSmart Air Purifier for Chemical Sensitivity
Alen BreatheSmart Air Purifier comes with activated carbon so it can absorb smoke and toxic smells. As a result, it will keep you from respiratory issues. On the other hand, the manufacturer made its filter with an antimicrobial compound so that the air purifier can keep you from bacteria, germs, fungi, and mold. At the same time, the filter includes a medical-grade true HEPA layer. Therefore, you shouldn’t be scared of chemicals, aerosolized viruses, and ducts.
The air purifier has a vacuumable prefilter that helps to increase filter life. However, these air purifiers for fragrance sensitivity are expensive, but their powerful performance will satisfy you. Most importantly, the manufacturer tuned this air purifier perfectly so it can generate soothing pink noise. Therefore, you will get a better and healthier sleeping night. With five different color options, you will have the opportunity to choose the matching air purifier that will boost your home décor.
This Alen BreatheSmart Air Purifier is made in 11.5 x 27 x 27 inches in dimension, and its weight is 35 Pounds. Besides with a 12v power source, it can clean 1300 SqFt every 30 minutes.
- Comes with an LED indicator to know the status of the air quality
- A stylish modern design makes the air purifier perfect for home and office
- Generating soothing pink noises the air purifier help to sleep well
- It is specially designed for removing the smoke and odor as well as the chemical
- It is available with up to eight different color
- Breathe Smart is capable of keeping remove the pollutants and chemical from 1300 square feet room.
- Absorb smoke and toxic smells efficiently
- Includes a medical-grade true HEPA layer for trapping the tiny particles
- Comes with a vacuumable prefilter to ensure the best filtration
- A bit pricy option could be tough to buy who has a tiny budget
Alen BreatheSmart Air Purifier will be the right option for those looking for something that can clean air fast.
3. Coway Airmega Smart Air Purifier
Suppose you are looking for air purifiers that remove VOCs and have chemical sensitivity and are available at an affordable price. In that case, you can consider this Coway Airmega Smart Air Purifier. It came it a superb combination of a true HEPA filter and activated carbon. So, the air purifier reduces almost the entire particle, including pollutants, pollen, and other allergens. The highlight feature of this air purifier is it comes with a washable and permanent prefilter. The feature will help catch larger dust particles to keep you and family member safe.
Even if you are afraid of removing VOCs from the air, you can consider this one as the right solution. Moreover, with its brightly colored LED ring, you will always keep updated about the air quality. The key feature of the air purifier for chemical sensitivity is its design with five fan modes. You can easily control the speeds; however, it produces nearly silent noise at a lower speed.
With 21.4 pounds weight and 13.58 x 20.94 x 13.58 inches in dimension this Coway Airmega Smart Air Purifier can cover 1,256 square areas to clean the air.
- With powerful dual suction, this air purifier draws contaminated air from two sides to breathe faster and more efficiently.
- Design with brightly colored LED ring that offers real-time air quality
- The air purifier made with Smart Technology help adjust fan speeds based on the room’s air quality
- The high accommodation power to safe a room of 1,256 square feet and replace the room air at least two times.
- Includes filter indicator which will indicate the induction system
- Affordable price is good for all price ranges customers
- Comes with washable and permanent prefilter
- Improve air quality with replacing air two times per hour.
- The smell may make an issue which you may feel irritated
Coway Airmega Smart Air Purifier will be best for purifying large particle-like pollen, and pollutants.
4. Hathaspace Smart True HEPA Air Purifier
This Hathaspace Air Purifier is specially designed to offer medical-grade pure air to the extra-large area. It comes with an h13 HEPA filter that targets pollen, dust, and pet dander, to offer you healthy air. Besides, it includes smart particle sensor monitors that will provide you with real-time feedback and precise measurements. On the other hand, its sleek touch-screen display panel will boost the beauty of indoor decoration while a light on the front panel will display different colors based on air quality.
This air purifier’s top feature is its auto mode that will adjust the fan speed to help you breathe easier. Plus, the manufacturer made this air purifier with a strong, washable prefilter to ensure the HEPA filter’s better performance. As it includes whisper-quiet sleep mode, you won’t need to worry about perfect sleep. Finally, this Hathaspace Air Purifier is available at an affordable price.
with 9 x 16.5 x 27 inches in dimension and 27.7 pounds weight this Hathaspace Air Purifier can purify 1500 sq ft space every hour.
- Its whisper-quiet sleep mode makes the light dream while purifying the air at night.
- Comes with an H13 HEPA filter that improves the surface area filtration
- Energy Efficient ability offers more energy and saves money.
- Medical-grade HEPA filtration can remove 99.97% pollutants.
- It comes for a wide range of room areas of 1500 square feet.
- Sleek touch panel make this purifier smarter
- Includes washable prefilter to ensure the product long-activity
- The affordable price makes it available for all
- Design with air quality sensor technology
- Filters need replacement every four months, which is expensive.
Hathaspace Air Purifier will be a suitable option for looking for an air purifier for a large room at an affordable price.
5. Molekule Air Purifier with Particle Sensor
Another best air purifier for chemical sensitivity in our list is Molekule Air Purifier. It is designed with breakthrough PECO technology. So, the air purifier not only collects pollutants but will destroy them. Besides, it includes an auto mode. The feature will help adjust the fan speed depending on the level of air quality. Especially the manufacturer offers a PECO-filter status indicator with this air purifier so you can easily track the alternative plan for your PECO-Filter. At the same time, this best air purifier to remove toxins amazingly designs to sit on an elevated surface so that it can pull in pollutants from all sides.
With its patented PECO-Filter coated with a proprietary catalyst, the cleaner can easily break down VOCs, bacteria, and mold at a molecular level. It is available at a decent price that will provide you with a window into the room’s air quality.
Molekule Air Purifier is designed with 8.26 x 8.26 x 12 inches in dimension and 11.58 pounds in weight. Besides, it is controlled by app and covers 250 Square Feet of floor area.
- A chemical air purifier for small room with sensor and PECO technology construct with nanoparticle-coated filter layers that destroy pollutant and offer clean air
- It uses low energy to maintain nonstop fresh air
- It can control by the app to check filter status and change your device’s fan speed
- Molekule purifier is effective for varieties of air pollutants like chemical, mold, dust, viruses and bacteria.
- Smart appearance increases the room beauty
- Decent price is bearable for all
- Breakthrough PECO technology
- Destroy pollutant within a short time
- The small air intake area
Molekule Air Purifier will be the right option for a small size area as it covers 250 Square Feet.
6. Blueair Classic Air Purifier with HEPASilent Filtration
If you are in a healthy pocket and looking for an intuitive design air purifier for chemical sensitivity, you can try this Blueair Classic Air Purifier. It’s another great addition from Blueair brands that are made with HEPASilent technology. Thus, the chemical air purifier will deliver true HEPA performance capturing dust, mold, pet dander, pollen. Besides, it includes three fan speeds with whisper-quiet operation. The feature will not only help take breathe easily but ensure better sleep without disruption.
Plus, you can consider this option if you live in a large room or have a large living room or kitchen. With dual protection filters, this air purifier offers an extra level of carbon filtration so it can remove smoke and odor. However, it’s a bit pricy option, but its unique combination of electrostatic and mechanical filtration will feel you satisfy as these ensure lots of airborne irritants.
This Blueair Classic Air Purifier is 13 x 20 x 26 inches in dimension with 31 Pounds weight. Besides it can cover up to 698 sq ft area.
- Comes with a filter change indicator that helps to know the charging time of the filter
- Made from a durable steel body to ensure longevity
- Offer an extra level of carbon filtration to remove odors
- This model is available for multiple room size smaller to larger
- Featured on three fan speed which ensures your disruption-free sleep
- Durable material protects from being broken or damaged
- Intuitive design Will double the existing beauty of the home
- Dual protection filters will give perfect purifying benefits
- The low noise level will keep your house calm and quiet
- It is expensive than another chemical purifier.
With durable steel body this Blueair Classic Air Purifier will be best for long-lasting performance.
7. Coway Airmega Graphite/Silver Smart Air Purifier
With leading technology and inspired design, this Coway Airmega Smart Air Purifier is as powerful as beautiful. This most advanced air purifier is develo0ped by copay to effectively and quietly clean the air in your home. Besides, its pollution indicator will help you both monitoring and managing real-time air quality. Apart from these features, this air purifier comes in a great combination of a true HEPA filter and activated carbon.
The feature will help capture and reduce particles like pollen, pollutants. Moreover, the air purifier for chemical sensitivity includes a permanent and washable prefilter that makes it eligible to catch larger dust particles. Along with a brightly colored LED ring, you will be time to time updated about the air quality. Most importantly, it designs with five fan modes to allow you to adjust the fan speed. However, its noise level is almost silent to prevent any disturbances.
With 24.7 Pounds weight and 14.8 x 14.8 x 22.8 inches in dimension, this Coway Airmega Smart Air Purifier can clean up to 1,560 square feet of room.
- Powerful dual suction cleans the air faster
- This air purification is an energy-efficient option that doesn’t compromise with efficacy
- Washable and permanent prefilter can catch larger dust particles
- Having a bright color LED ring to see the indoor air quality.
- It has come with five fan modes of smart, low, medium, sleep and high.
- Uncommon dual suction system
- Help to monitor air quality
- Includes filter indicator to see the filter operation
- Reasonable price is affordable for all
- It emits a kind of odor that can be annoying to many.
If you are fond of an air purifier that can clean larger rooms and catch larger dust particles, this Coway Airmega Air Purifier will be a suitable option for you.
8. Alen BreatheSmart Air Purifier for Chemical Sensitivity
This Alen BreatheSmart Air Purifier will be suitable for any size of the room and anywhere in the home to offer clean and fresh air. This air purifier for chemical sensitivity is developed by NASA airflow engineers to effectively remove airborne allergens, dust, orders, and mold spores. Besides, it includes antimicrobial compounds to kill airborne bacteria, germs, fungi. Thus, it’s the best air purifier for chemical sensitivity in the market at an affordable price.
Plus, with a high capacity true HEPA layer; this air purifier can capture almost all airborne particles as it designs with an LED color display so you will be allowed to the air quality easily. This air purifier’s highlight feature is it constructs with WhisperMax technology so you can rest while breathing fresh air. Lastly, it’s a sleek air purifier with a modern and stylish look to fit into any decor!
It is 8.5 x 15 x 25 inches in dimension and weight is 21.4 pounds, and it can clean up to 800 Sqft room.
- With its standard filter, the air purifier can eliminate asthma and allergy triggers
- Includes a medical-grade true HEPA layer that can remove almost all particles
- Comes with a vacuumable prefilter to boost filter life
- It is designed with compatibility with almost all rooms like small and larger bedroom, kitchen and living room.
- It has four individual speed setting for user convenience.
- Includes five air quality colors
- Incredibly quiet less than 22 decibel
- Help reduce allergy and odors from the room
- Extremely affordable in price
- Some find a strange noise when running this purifier.
With a stylish and modern design this Alen BreatheSmart Air Purifier will be suitable for any size room and anywhere in the home.
9. Alen BreatheSmart Classic Air Purifier
Within reasonable this Alen BreatheSmart Air Purifier comes to offer big coverage area. Besides, it can clean large rooms 3x faster if you compare with other brands out there. With its true HEPA filter, the air purifier for the chemical sensor can capture dust, allergens, pollen, fur, pet dander, and leave behind fresh air. Furthermore, the Alen breathsmart is covered with plenty of top-class features; the ultra-quiet advantage is top of them.
The manufacturer designs this air purifier with advanced WhisperMax technology so it can make a soothing environment. At the same time, the feature will produce a pink noise to promote better and deeper sleep. To offer optimized air purification, it constructs with four fan speed settings. Moreover, three air quality sensor light will help you know the air environment inside the room.
This Alen BreatheSmart Air Purifier is made with 10 x 17.75 x 26.75 inches in dimension and 21 Pounds weight. Besides it can make 1100 Sqft area clean faster than others.
- It’s True HEPA filter captures dust and allergy and offers fresh air
- Design with advanced WhisperMax technology to make a soothing environment
- Four fan speed settings ensure optimized air purification
- Help sleep soundly
- Design with smart sensor technology
- Reasonable price
- Clean large area faster
- Average quality fan
Are you seeking for an air purifier that clean a larger area faster than others you can go for this Alen BreatheSmart Air Purifier?
10. SAMSUNG Cube Smart Air Purifier
The last option on our list is SAMSUNG Cube Smart Air Purifier. It features a three-layer True HEPA filtration system that can remove ultrafine dust. Simultaneously, it reduces allergens and pet dander and toxic gases, making it the best air purifier for chemical pollutant. The most notable feature of this air purifier is its design with smart technology so you can control it by voice through your mobile device.
With an easy-to-read digital display, the air purifier will provide air quality feedback. Plus, if you like an air purifier with a powerful filter that can last up to one year even after using it continuously, you can consider this option. Besides, it is available at a decent price that is most suitable for medium-sized rooms and offices.
This SAMSUNG Cube Smart Air Purifier comes in 32.5 pounds weight with 15 x 14.4 x 17.2 inches. At the same time, it can cover 310 sq areas.
- Construct with a three-layer true HEPA filtration system that can effectively remove ultrafine dust
- Includes easy-to-read digital display to get real-time feedback
- Design with a powerful filter that will last up to one year
- True HEPA filtration
- Decent price
- Voice control and WIFI connectivity
- Long-lasting filter
- Not suitable for large room
This SAMSUNG Cube Smart Air Purifier will be the most suitable option for a bedroom as it silently releases clean air even without making a freezing draft.
Also Read : Best Air Purifiers for Hair and Nail Salons
What is chemical sensitivity?
We are living in a more polluted environment than our previous generation. Because of the number of industry and factories are increasing continuously. So, people are getting sick from the harmful effects of chemicals and Pesticides which contaminate the air. And they have several sensitivities like sinus blockage, skin rashes, nasal congestion, trouble breathing, and fatigue. This type of problem originally caused by chemicals is known as chemical sensitivity.
Symptoms of multiple chemical sensitivity
Chemical sensitivity is not a single issue. When you live in such an area where the amount of chemical pollutant is much, you might be infected from multiple chemical sensitivity.
There is no more fresh air on our earth than before. Because the user of new technology as gives us many advantages, so it makes threatened our health. So,
Chemicals from various used products are constantly spreading in the environment.
The chemicals can cause sensitivity:
Here is some common chemical which can occur sensitivity.
- secondhand smoke
- fresh paint
- food preservatives
- flavour enhancers
- personal care products
- petroleum products
- outdoor pollutants
- newspaper ink
- cleaning compounds
The symptoms of multiple chemical sensitivity:
The saddest thing is the MCS could occur several chronic diseases. Also, the chemical can affect multiple organs of a human. And it could be long-lasting.
- Muscle and joint aches
- Memory loss.
Recommended brands of air purifier for chemical sensitivity.
There are currently many brands that manufacture air purifiers. However, there are very few credible brands that are making the ideal purifier. So today we will recommend some such well-known brands. This brand’s cleaners are very effective and of high quality, which has benefited thousands of people so far.
At Alen, we believe your quality of life depends on the quality of the air you breathe. Allen is continuously working with their research to keep safe the people from several environment dust and pollutants.
Blue air is another popular and well-known brand for air purifier. It has established since last few years ago. Each of the blue air product has come with unique design and quality. The speciality of blue air is superior to reducing the pollutant, and the device is completely safe for kids’ room and patient’s room.
Molekule air is an award-winning brand. Do note that it works with Mainly Air Purifier. We have got the Molekule air purifier special because of its PECO technology. Wonderfully technology can reduce the widest and largest pollutant than any other purifier. Especially, this technology is using for harmful chemical components.
Coway is a most credible Korean brand of home appliance production. It started in 1989 and has survived till now with reputation. It is a Korean brand. Good to know that Coway has released a new sub-brand named AIRMEGA for producing only all kinds of air purifier. Over, Coway is an excellent brand, and it can satisfy most of the customer.
Is Chemical Sensitivity real?
Yes, it is real, it is universal truth if there is a lot of chemical pollution, their chemical sensitivity must happen.
Some people become seriously ill due to toxic chemicals, and allergic contaminates. Such people usually have extreme levels of sensitivity from the chemical.
How to cure of chemical sensitivity as well as using a purifier
If you notice early signs of chemical sensitivity, consult a good doctor without delay. The primary symptoms are headache, asthma, joint and back pain etc. Besides, in many cases, the patient also goes to the doctor with more obesity. There will give you several more tests, including a blood test. Yet here are some basic to practice if you are in chemical sensitivity.
- Try to do bowel movements for a specific period daily; it helps you to reduce the toxin.
- Exercise for some time every day as a rule
- Maintain the correct nutrition chart in your daily food habit.
- Adjust the sleep duration and eliminate excess sleep
- Maintain good relationships with people around you
How to Select an Air Purifier for Multiple Chemical Sensitivities
There are a few things to keep in mind when you buy Air Purifier for Multiple Sensitivity.u003cbru003eu003cbru003e1. Activated carbon filteru003cbru003e2. Treated or untreated carbonu003cbru003e3. Premium-quality materialu003cbru003e4. Premium-quality HEPA filteru003cbru003e5. Compare the room size as per the purifier.
Does an air purifier help with chemicals?
Yes, an ordinary air purifier can help with chemical, including air. But you won’t get the better result. So, it would help if you had more specialized air purifier for chemical sensitivity. Air purifier for chemical pollutant reduces, there has a more efficient filter which can trap the chemical contaminates. It can trap the all-harmful gases, chemicals and odors.
Will an air purifier help with indoor allergies?
Yes, an air purifier can help you with asthma as well as allergies inside your home. Although only a purifier can’t prevent the disease, it can reduce the disease possibilities. However, there has some specific purifier which works best for allergies and asthma disease. So, you can take such a special air purifier.An air never takes in moisture in the room and it never take out the moisture.u003cbru003eAir Purifiers is not made for removing moisture from the air like a dehumidifier. Its main function is to trap air pollutants and chemical.
Can carbon filters remove VOCs effectively?
Yes, carbon filters remove VOCs effectively. It can remove the gasses of cigarettes, drying paints and cleaning products. Besides, there has some product which can be completely removed by the carbon filter. Those are Benzene, xylene and chlorinated compounds.
Do air purifiers take moisture out of the air?
No, an air purifier doesn’t take out and take moisture from the air. Generally, a dehumidifier can take out moisture from the air. An air purifier is a single functional device which can trap the all dust contaminates from home air.
Can air purifiers be harmful?
Usually, an air purifier cannot be difficult. However, the purifiers that emit ozone gas can be very harmful. Even higher levels of emissions can cause damage to your cells and lungs. It is why the expert said to check out the ozone emitting system before buying the air purifier.
It is the richest guide where you can get a list of the top 10 Air Purifiers and learn all about Chemical Sensitivity. The air purifier for chemical sensitivity is completely different is built and functions. So, you have to remember these factors before buying.
We have made this guide to introduce you with the latest high-quality product from the credible brand. Since we have added the functions and features details of each above product, you can easily decide. If there have something to ask us about chemical sensitivity air purifier, then let us know. We must update this content.